?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Free to be you and me - But here in my heart, I give you the best of my love.

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Doogie's Delusions

Links
Classy Sports Commentary
Pirates Blog
Origuymi
Erin's blog
Tril's blog
Robin's blog
Lynds
Aaron's blog
KC Royals Pitcher: Brian Anderson
Austin's blog
Ed Barnes: On the Road
Yoouuuuuuuuuk
Newzie's Blog
ckd's blog
Cosmic Ray
Dan's new blog
Rabbi Andy's blog
Geezer Pirate
Josh the Younger
Watchman
Jim Norton (He just sucks)
Frank Longbottom (PTM journal)
Old Frank Longbottom Journal (PTM RPG Journal)
Augustus Rookwood (PTM journal)
Frank Longbottom (Cataclysm RPG journal)
Captain Lord Ivan Vorpatril (Vor RPG journal)
Lord Richars Vorrutyer (Vor RPG journal)
Byerly Vorrutyer (Vor LJ RPG journal)
FF chart (potential TMI)

February 3rd, 2005


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
04:07 pm - Free to be you and me
So I took the quiz at perex.com, that karnil recommended. Some things were on, and others were off. I'm interested in other people's opinions of the results though.
So, do you think these items (in the poll) accurately describe me?

Poll #430611 SoEnoughAboutMe

You are fun, spontaneous, clever and interesting. People like to be around you because of your easygoing nature.

Agree
3(100.0%)
Disagree
0(0.0%)
No opinion
0(0.0%)
Wow. This was a bad idea!
0(0.0%)

You like to wake up each morning without a plan and see where the day takes you, hopefully on some safe but relatively exciting adventure.

Agree
3(100.0%)
Disagree
0(0.0%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
You wake up? I didn't even know you slept.
0(0.0%)

You excel in composition. You know what looks good together, what sounds good together, and what smells or tastes go together. This comes from a higher than normal tuned in attention to slight variations in color, texture, tone, and flavor.

Agree
1(33.3%)
Disagree.
0(0.0%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
Bahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahah. A right-handed manatee with a brain tumour has better matching skills.
1(33.3%)

You like to see everyone living harmoniously and can get irritated by whoever is currently rocking the boat and causing problems.

Agree.
2(66.7%)
Disagree.
1(33.3%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
If by irritated you mean, assualt and battery with a baseball bat, yes, I agree.
0(0.0%)

When faced with a problem you are most likely to solve it in the most obvious way, not implementing cumbersome standard methods or finding what is “socially acceptable” first.

Agree.
1(33.3%)
Disagree.
0(0.0%)
No opinion.
1(33.3%)
Answer unclear now. Try again later.
1(33.3%)

Most people you interact with do not really know you. This is partially because of your reserved nature (you don’t tell them much), partially because most other types are less reserved (they spend too much time talking and not enough asking about you), and partially because you accept people the way they are (you don’t feel much of a need to correct and evaluate others, so people don’t realize how you think differently).

Agree.
1(33.3%)
Disagree.
1(33.3%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
This is kind of self fulfilling isn't it? If we think we know you and we answer disagree, we might be just demonstrating that we really don't know you at all.
1(33.3%)

In fact, you have more interest in expressing yourself physically, through song, dance, or actions, than verbally, and you may give up too quickly when someone asks for a verbal explanation of your thoughts.

Agree.
0(0.0%)
Disagree.
2(66.7%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
Two words: dying cow.
0(0.0%)

You prefer hands-on practical work. You may tolerate other types of work, but you’re never happier than when you’re building, fixing or creating something you can see, touch, taste or hear. You prefer work which is not fixed to a procedure, but which may, at any time, take an entirely new direction if the impulse hits you.

Agree.
0(0.0%)
Disagree.
2(66.7%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
Speaking of practical work, there are other things I could be doing with this time that you have stolen from me. I demand a refund!
0(0.0%)

As a parent or leader you are non-directive, preferring to see what happens on its own rather than lay down strict procedures and give orders. To you it is understood that any procedures developed by necessity today disappear tomorrow unless they are still absolutely required.

Agree.
2(66.7%)
Disagree.
1(33.3%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
I keep trying to imagine you as a parent.
0(0.0%)

If you do become difficult or cranky it is usually a result of someone else trying to impose some rule or boundary upon you personally, although your discomfort is almost always short lived and relatively painless for all involved.

Agree.
1(33.3%)
Disagree.
0(0.0%)
No opinion.
0(0.0%)
You call that painless?
1(33.3%)


When you asked me to listen, I do. I may not always agree with what you're saying, but I'm always going to try to let you say it. It's not because I owe you, it's because I want to. I want you to know I support you. I want you to know I care, and the best way I know to show you that I care is to listen when you have something to say.
Don't worry that what you're saying is too petty, too stupid, too groundless, too whatever other adjectives you can come up with to devalue that very thing that I consider the most important thing in the world....I know you're waiting with baited breath to hear what the most valuable thing, bar none, no exceptions, is to me. I won't keep you in suspence any longer, it's you. You matter. You're important.
Your views. Your thoughts. Your needs. They matter.
Please stop listening to the voices in your head that lie to you and tell you that you have no right to feel that way. You can work to change those feelings if they don't accurately reflect the way you want to feel, but you shouldn't pretend they don't exist, and you should never think that I don't care or that I'm not interested. Even if I don't always seem to be processing on all 4 cylinders.

I know, bold words, ones I hope I can live up to.

I know it's not my meeting, and not my place to complain, but
STAY ON TOPIC!
ON TOPIC!
There is a topic, and you should let it guide you!
Be the topic. Feel the topic.
After 3 days straight of FBSOP, the last thing I need is a poorly running meeting from people who know better.
On the other hand, look at all this great data we have on a problem we won't have to deal with for at least six months!* Yippee!!

*assuming we manage to iron out the problems that were in scope for the meeting and manage to roll that out.
Current Mood: confusedconfused

(5 Represent the voice of the people | Request an audience)

Comments:


From:lensedqso
Date:February 3rd, 2005 09:30 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That was a hard poll because in several cases I think different subclauses have different answers.

Re: staying on topic: I just posted about that interviewing seminar I went to and not steering the group back to the focus/not addressing the proposed topic was my major problem with it. Apparently no one can stay on topic. No one. It sucks.
[User Picture]
From:mdyesowitch
Date:February 3rd, 2005 09:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Minor digressions are fine, and particularly in an interview setting where you want to get to know the person you're interviewing in the shortest time possible, but this was really blatent.
I will transcibe some of the conversation in my next post.
[User Picture]
From:karnil
Date:February 3rd, 2005 09:53 pm (UTC)
(Link)
you... turned it into a poll?

::blink::

I'm impressed.
[User Picture]
From:mdyesowitch
Date:February 3rd, 2005 10:24 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I couldn't decide if it was accurate, so I took it to man on the street.
[User Picture]
From:hr_macgirl
Date:February 3rd, 2005 11:41 pm (UTC)
(Link)
so I went and took the poll. I spent about twenty minutes and it told me:
  • I am objective, practical, respectable, dependable and decisive.
  • You take the task of inspecting for accuracy more seriously than any other type. This makes you an excellent accountant, auditor, scheduler, organizer and proofreader.
  • Because of your social grace and eloquent usage of words, people in certain circles would mistake you for an Extrovert. (me? extroverted? hahahaha!)
  • You are knowledgeable about the rules and regulations within your institutions and quick to notice any unauthorized behavior.
  • You take everything more seriously than most people.

    In all, I think it hit me pretty well. It did get some items wrong (for example, "you have a strong appreciation for classics and antiques" and "Your home, like most things in your life, is neat and orderly"). Still, not bad for such a short investment of time.

  • > Go to Top
    LiveJournal.com