?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Shorttakes and rants (and memes at the end, behind cut tags) - But here in my heart, I give you the best of my love. — LiveJournal

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Doogie's Delusions

Links
Classy Sports Commentary
Pirates Blog
Origuymi
Erin's blog
Tril's blog
Robin's blog
Lynds
Aaron's blog
KC Royals Pitcher: Brian Anderson
Austin's blog
Ed Barnes: On the Road
Yoouuuuuuuuuk
Newzie's Blog
ckd's blog
Cosmic Ray
Dan's new blog
Rabbi Andy's blog
Geezer Pirate
Josh the Younger
Watchman
Jim Norton (He just sucks)
Frank Longbottom (PTM journal)
Old Frank Longbottom Journal (PTM RPG Journal)
Augustus Rookwood (PTM journal)
Frank Longbottom (Cataclysm RPG journal)
Captain Lord Ivan Vorpatril (Vor RPG journal)
Lord Richars Vorrutyer (Vor RPG journal)
Byerly Vorrutyer (Vor LJ RPG journal)
FF chart (potential TMI)

February 28th, 2005


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
02:53 pm - Shorttakes and rants (and memes at the end, behind cut tags)
There's something humbling about the realization that you don't know how to type a date into the Palm desktop because you're so used to using the shortcut keys on the Palm.*

eharlequin (http://www.eharlequin.com) is starting a vampire daily serial. This to go with their dorky, I already hate it, fantasy Tuesday weekly serial that I keep reading hoping it will get better, and it continues to not, probably fueled by the fact that I hate the lead character's name. That means at least 2 weeks (minus 2 days, for the monday read) that I will have no serial romances to read. Woe is me.

I realized this morning that my rescheduled book club is for this weekend when I won't be around to enjoy it. Sweet. I was looking forward to it too. Well, with any luck, I'll get to be there for my real book club.

When I catch an error in my doc that the reviews didn't catch, it always makes me feel really good. I've been trying to remind myself that errors are bad, no matter who finds them, but it always makes me feel like I'm "one-up" on the editors.

And once again I remember something before it happens. I can't decide if it's a lack of attention to details, a poor memory, or a really odd psychic power, but I work with these facts that are wrong, but then somehow during the course of whatever it is that's happening, it becomes right. Like I thought I was housesitting until Thursday. Come to find out, I was only scheduled to housesit until Tuesday, but now it is Thursday, because of an unplanned schedule change.
And it wouldn't be so notable, except it happens to me all the time. I'm constantly befuddled because people "change" things to what I already thought they were.
So you tell me: Absent-minded? Or Psychic?

Hoppie and Betsy were teaching Heather how to laugh evilly. Heather said "wa ha ha". It was the absolutely cutest thing ever. And then later, copying hoppie, she said, "moo ha ha." Absolutely adorable. She's in the mynah bird stage now, repeating everything you say as best she can. She still has trouble with middle consonants, but she's developing by leaps and bounds.






Which X2 Character Are You?



Slander!
ericmonster is secretly married to a wolf!
jtn once kept kyzoku locked up in their basement for eight months.
jtn keeps an Ab-Master 9000 under their bed. It's not for their abs.
deinonchi had better clear their internet cache before dargit comes home.
tpau saw something they shouldn't have in tober's parents' bedroom...
wigu keeps a Gibbon in their cupboard, which they beat when stressed!

Enter your username to dish the dirt on your friends!






You Are 65% Left Brained, 35% Right Brained



The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.

Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.

If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.



The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.

Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.

If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.

Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.





*In order to shortcut a date on the Palm, you make the shortcut character followed by the letters ds (date stamp).
To type the same date into the Palm desktop, you type..wait for it....The numeric representation of the month (02) followed by a slash,/....
Current Mood: amusedamused

(4 Represent the voice of the people | Request an audience)

Comments:


From:(Anonymous)
Date:March 1st, 2005 01:23 am (UTC)

Evil laughter

(Link)
When Galen was about 12-14 months, we used to play, "What sound does x make?" One of the things x could be was Evil Scientist.

"Galen, what sound does an Evil Scientist make?"

Galen would throw his head back and make a surprisingly deep "MUAHAHAHAHA!"

He stopped playing the game around 2.
[User Picture]
From:mdyesowitch
Date:March 1st, 2005 12:41 pm (UTC)

Re: Evil laughter

(Link)
You think that would show up on more "You know you're a geek when..." tests.
-m
[User Picture]
From:hr_macgirl
Date:March 1st, 2005 03:34 pm (UTC)

giggles/evil laughs

(Link)
Hoppie's evil laugh is most appropriate during Illuminati. He will take over the world, as long as you, as Cthulu, don't kill him first...
[User Picture]
From:mdyesowitch
Date:March 1st, 2005 06:19 pm (UTC)

Re: giggles/evil laughs

(Link)
I loved playing OldWO for just that reason. I always got the good Cthulu deals.
-m

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com