July 15th, 2005
|09:37 am - So much for German efficiency...|
I had a rant already for here, but I don't think I'm ready to post it. I feel like the living imbodiment of an unpredictable future. Let's do something easier.
1. You make some macaroni and cheese, or, say, a lipton rice side thingy, or something for your own personal consumption in a medium saucepan. Upon completion, do you transfer the food to a bowl or do you just eat from the saucepan?
Definitely eat from a bowl.
2. While in the shower, would you say you spend most of your time facing the water, with your back to the water, or about half and half?
About half and half, I guess, and much of my shower time is spent standing sideways.
3. When you come home from work, do you enter and immediately lock the door, or do you leave your door unlocked while you are at home for the most part? What about your car, do you ever leave it unlocked or do you lock it no matter where you are and how long you're going to be away from it?
I immediately lock the door. It's in the garage, so there's probably no need for it, other than it makes me and hoppie nervous if we come home and the door has been left unlocked.
I do not lock my car at home because it's in the garage which is closed after I park, but I lock it whenever I go anywhere.
4. You are going to bed and you go to charge your cell phone, but you see that the battery meter reads full on the display. Do you still plug it in to charge?
No. I always try to run the battery out in order to improve battery life. BEF once gave me a long explanation about how you always let a rechargable battery run as long as you can, if you recharge too soon, you'll start to shorten the amount of time the battery will hold a charge.
5. If you live in an apartment-type setting, do you make a somewhat conscious effort to not slam cabinet doors, stomp around, run the dishwasher, etc late at night?
When I lived in apartment building, I did. Even now I find myself still trying to keep the noise level down, even though it's not necesary.
6. When you were in college, did you pick up a school newspaper and then leave it strewn around the next classroom you landed in?
7. Which do you do more often: eat fast food or eat at home?
Eat at home.
8. If something has both microwave and stovetop directions, which way do you typically make it?
At work, microwave. At home, stovetop. It just tastes better.
9.Strictly speaking on soft tacos here, who is better, Taco Bell, Taco Inn, Taco John's, or someone else (preferably drive-thru fast food answers only)?
I seldom eat soft tacos, and never from drive-thru fast food places.
10. Who has better hashbrowns: Village Inn or Perkins? What about IHOP or Waffle House?
What? No Denny's? All hashbrowns are wonderful. Potatos are good.
11. Do you like/mind to see movies that will presumably be sold out or would you rather just wait a few weeks or go on a weekday?
I'd much rather see it in the middle of the night after it's been out for awhile so it's just me, rocker, and hoppie in the theatre. Although being the generous person I am, I don't object to having a few other scattered patrons in the theatre.
12. Do you find humor in seeing frat boys leave a chair in between one another at the movies or do you yourself participate in this activity as well?
Rocker does this. So does Chuck. I don't honestly know why. I sit next to whomever I'm with. It neither amuses me or annoys me, but I can't say I understand it.
13. Do you recycle? If so, more than just cans or newspapers? Does recycling day excite you as much as it does me?
I'm guessing no. I do recycle cans, bottles, and paper. I mostly reuse though. I reuse bags, boxes, twist-ties, and other stuff.
14. Now that high school is roughly 5 years or more behind the most of us that read my lj, do you have different feelings toward it that have changed recently? Looking back, did you enjoy high school?
I did like it. I wouldn't want to go back, but I had a good group of friends, and very few problems.
15. Do you have a fascination with Boston or New York? What about Venice or Paris or Vancouver?
I love Boston. It's the biggest small town in the history of towns. No odd cities fascinations, though.
16. If you had to live on a coast, would you pick East or West and why?
While technically I don't have to live on the coast, I clearly choose to live on the east coast. So, I did pick.
17. Did you ever want to be on Global Guts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Legends of the Hidden Temple, or Carmen San Diego?
No. I don't even know what half those are, except by extrapolation from the one I've heard of, I'm guessing children's game shows.
18. Is Will Ferrell funny?
That's an odd question, but an easy one, no.
19. What is your favorite incense (or candle) scent?
20. Do you like scary movies? Yes.
21. How many days could you go without doing laundry and without re-wearing anything, and what would you run out of first that would cause you to have to finally wash clothes?
About a week. Skirts.
22. Do you use Tide?
Yes, I use Tide Free, because it's hoppie's favorite, and I don't see any point in buying more than one, especially since I don't have any especial preferences.
23. Do you use bar soap or a fluffy poofy thingy with liquid body wash in the shower?
Liquid body wash, no poofy thing.
24. Do you wash your hair every time you take a shower?
25. And finally, Stones or Beatles?
Pound for pound, The Beatles, but they both have their uses.
Reply with your name, put this in your journal, and I will:
1. write something I like about you.
2. I will then tell what song/movie/icon reminds me of you.
3. If I were to apply an o'clock to you, I'll tell you what it would be.
4. I will try to name a single word that best describes you.
5. I'll tell you the most memorable moment I've had with you.
6. I will tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll then tell you something that I've always wondered about you.
Current Music: Various Artists - After The Love Has Gone / Eart
1. Just one thing? I love your ability to fit in anywhere. It's the first thing I noticed about you and the thing that still strikes me. You make it look so easy.
2. Easy one: Venus by Bananarama...yes, it's a remake, and you're an original, but it's a jazzy remake.
3. 10:00 in the morning. I don't know why. It's what came to mind first and feels right. Perky like morning, but not too unpleasant, like 8:00AM which, as far as I'm concerned comes too soon and too often. (Now of course I'm in trouble if anyone answers and reminds me of 8:00AM)
5. The most memorable moment is more about you than from you: It was talking to rocker and him saying you were still around here and he knew how to find you. It was like a flash, "Yeah. I need her back in my life." Just the thought of getting back in touch with you was a lift.
6. Fox. Sleek, quick, smart, and beautiful.
7. How did you work up the courage to follow your dreams?