August 1st, 2005
|01:45 pm - Sure I've done this one before, but whatever...|
1. Reply and I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in. I reserve the right to name a champion.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. Usual "pass it on" request that, as far as I'm concerned, you may do or ignore.
1. chrome dome.
2. Major League.
3. Strawberry. And I don't need a champion to take you down, buddy.
5. You flaming someone with grace and style.
6. Polar bear.
7. What are your inspirations?
7. What are your inspirations?
I could answer that approximately 618 different ways. Please do elaborate. :)
I don't want to be more specific. I want to know what and who inspires you.
I think as far as sportswriting goes, I have varying influences.
I think of names like Ernie Harwell, Jack Buck, Mel Allen, George Will, and other great minds both within and without the game.
As for life, my only real "inspirations" are my father and other great minds. Those great minds vary from Zell Miller to Howard Cosell.
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 06:05 pm (UTC)|| |
turnabout is fair play yes?
I reckon it is.
1. dressing the part.
2. As You Like it
3. Boysenberry. And as my champion, I name Ivan.
4. It's not my fault.
5. Janice telling me about you.
6. An otter
7. How did you end up in Boston?
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 06:31 pm (UTC)|| |
i went to school at Brandeis, in Waltham. i then stayed.
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 06:08 pm (UTC)|| |
Ok, I'll bite
I'll go first.
1. Painted nails.
2. Well right now it is "Gimme some lovin everyday".
3. Lime ~~ cause you look so good in green.
4. Seditious homemade salsa
5. Interviewing you and trying to act like I didn't like you so much to da boss so as not to put the kabosh on getting you hired.
7. How long will you live somewhere else before you stop calling Kentucky home?
2. "Girl for all seasons"
3. Grape. And Margaret will be my champion. It will be cheap therapy.
4. Well, of course I know who Cassandra is, I just didn't think you would know.
5. high-level TV geeking at the interview.
6. pack mule.
7. Would you change anything if you could?
And probably the rest of my life.
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 07:11 pm (UTC)|| |
I'll bite again.
Two things. I would like to have been taller. (Between 5'7' and 5'9) And I wish I had had a serious first love that wasn't my hubby.
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 07:04 pm (UTC)|| |
I'll bite too
Just not too hard. I dont want to leave a mark.
1. quiet brilliance
4. clone your bone
5. Bringing over Chinese food to the apartment in Lawrence.
6. Big cuddly teddy bear.
7. What did you see in her?
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 08:31 pm (UTC)|| |
Re: I'll bite too
Well... You have to admit we did have a lot in common. Well except for her arrogance and my lack thereof.
I'm doing this just to see what is your first memory of me. When I get back from work, I'll post it in my LJ. Against my better judgement.
2. Babes in Toyland
3. Orange. I think it's a good color for you.
4. being mugged for your bicycle.
5. You know what it is. "This is much too hard for me. I can't do the sum!"
7. What vegetable would you be if you could be any vegetable that ever was?
Tomato. So people would wonder if I was a vegetable, or a fruit.
Thank you, I was wondering if you'd be mean and say that the song that reminded you of me was "Why am I so dumb?"
But I don't think it's mean. I think it's "charming." Remember, I think like a girl.
I just meant that random other people who don't understand our chance encounter might think the song reminded you of me because I'm dumb.
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 08:16 pm (UTC)|| |
Curiosity demands that I comment...
I might even let fairness require me to post to my journal, but that will take more convincing on the part of my subconscious. :)
I don't demand it. But it is sorta fun.
1. I think your jewelry is beautiful.
2. Farscape (it's TV, but it might as well count)
3. Do jello shots count? I guess lime. A little sweet. A little tart. A whole lot of colour.
4. Roll for success (d20)
5. First Thanksgiving with hoppie's family. I was so afraid that everyone would hate me for being an interloper that I wouldn't leave hoppie's side, which I think was more frightening to you and Betsy than it was reassuring.
7. What I really want to know if you think hoppie made a choice when he ended up with me, but I'd never ask, and I could never be sure you weren't lying to make me feel better if I did and you said yes, and besides, this question should be about you anyway: Do you ever think of moving back to the East Coast?
|Date:||August 1st, 2005 08:35 pm (UTC)|| |
Probably should have included a "my" before curiousity...my curiousity quotient is very demanding. Some day I shall probably emulate the proverbial cat in the course of doing its bidding. =)
As for the questions, I'm generally inclined to give you my honest response when asked any direct question, but in this case I'm not sure I'd have an answer to the question I think you'd be tempted to be asking, so I'll stick with the one you asked...the answer to which is, not really. The idea of packing up and starting over somewhere new, even with family nearby who could probably introduce me to like minded individuals, is more than I could handle. I'm far too rooted where I am.
I definitely like to visit though, and often envy Fraggle and Aesenathwaite their frequent and lengthy trips. =)
|Date:||August 2nd, 2005 08:50 pm (UTC)|| |
oh!! me!!! pick me!!! Am I too late? But don't ask me to do the same 'cause thinking of answers to those silly questions would just make my head hurt :) Prolly needs the exercise, though..
1. You're awfully cuddly.
2. The Wiggles (sorry, that's just the way it is.)
5. The whole pack of us at the Mexican restaurant.
7. Was moving to Boston the "right" decision?
|Date:||August 3rd, 2005 07:15 pm (UTC)|| |
Hmm..mexican restaurant..sure it wasn't chinese? Ahh..Fuzzy Memories :)
In retrospect, absolutely not. I panicked when I was losing my room and latched onto what seemed like a good thing..I regret my haste while I'm repenting..however, when you get two fabulous children out of it..seems almost fated. I really regret not spending more time with you while I could..I've gone most of my life without a girlfriend and I think it shows :) I need someone to smack me upside the head and call me on all bad decisions..
A Cormorant, really? I've always wanted to be a tortoise..from the Galapagos..very few predators..tasty food to eat..not raw meat..a long life just enjoying nature..
We definitely went to a Mexican restaurant one of the nights in NC. Of course, funnier by far was miniature golfing.
|Date:||August 3rd, 2005 08:22 pm (UTC)|| |
I remember hend looking very confused because I knew I was gonna lose and just didn't care..and then our hair! it was like a tornado out there! :) I wonder if it's always that windy?
1. You are the goddess of doughnuts.
2. Tessie, you are the only, only, only.
4. Charles Nelson Reilly.
5. My favorite memory is you telling the story of your clue*4.
6. golden lion tamarin.
7. How did you and Alton meet?