|02:53 pm - Stuff and stuff.|
This is my comic of the week.
It just edges out One Big Happy.
And now, while I'm being depressing anyway, let me do this rather depressing meme.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law had Kevin. Robin had Ada. Mary had a son who's name escapes me. Cassie had Rose, Angie had Hunter, Carol had Michael....etc. etc.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of my coworkers recently died of lung cancer. Very had. He was only 40something.
5. What countries did you visit?
Did not leave this one.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A feeling of purpose.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably Hilary's bat mitzvah, although I will remember the event more than the date.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing a whole bunch of jewelry in a weekend. That's probably the closest thing to achievements I have this year. Maybe finishing the Reporting docset, but that's hardly an achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably breaking my Palm. At least it hurt the most of all the things I feel like naming.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
GBA for Tim.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Zoe and Eric, because they got married, and I celebrated.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
The Evil Queen of Numbers gets the nod again this year, after missing last year by a very small margin. Her "Little Vesuvius" act in September put her over the top for good.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Stuff. plane tickets, and toys, and books, and video games, and dvds.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hanging out with Liz and the crew on Sundays.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Nothing. This year simply isn't memorable.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Offhand, nothing comes to mind.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With hoppie's family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
23. How many one-night stands?
None. and this was not in the one I did last year!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
My Name is Earl Yea Jason Lee!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes. One person. Although the feelings are probably closer to disgust than hate. But after my birthday, it won't matter because I won't be seeing her again.
26. What was the best book you read?
Carry On, My. Bowditch Another book I hate myself for not having read earlier.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Things I got for myself.
29. What did you want and not get?
Same as it ever was.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
A Series of Unfortunate Events That's my favorite. After bouncing through all the movies I saw this year: (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Serenity, Fantasic Four with fantastic Julian McMahon, Star Wars: Episode III which was better in retrospect than it was sitting through it, and Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I'll be 34 and I'll be working until I go home and lock myself in a closet.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Same as it ever was.
34. What kept you sane?
It's not entirely clear that I am sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I guess unrestricted interstate shipping of alcohol
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Jean and Bailey. Liz doesn't count 'cause I already knew her.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
It's always my fault.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't love her, I try to tell myself,
But you can see it in my eyes.
So don't deny, I can't fool no one else,
The truth is in the tears I cry.
'Cause if it isn't love, why do I feel this way?
Why does she stay on my mind?
And if it isn't love, why does it hurt so bad,
Make me feel so sad inside?
If it isn't love....
Current Mood: depressed