|07:27 am - Passel of questions that I've answered|
Of course this is written for a much younger audience, I assume.
Do you have:
(x) your own cell phone
(x) a tv in your bedroom
(x) an ipod (I have an MP3 player. It's not an ipod. I don't want an ipod.)
(x) a photo printer
(X ) your own phone line. It's my house. It's all mine. Mine! Mine! Mine! I had a phone line I shared with my brother in HS.
(x) TiVo or a generic digital video recorder
() high-speed internet access (aka not dialup)
( ) a surround sound system in bedroom
(x ) dvd player in bedroom
( x) at least a hundred DVDs
(x) a childfree bathroom
(x) your own in-house office
( ) a pool
( ) a guest house
( ) a game room
() a queen-size bed (It's king-sized, sucka!)
(x ) a stocked bar
(x) a working dishwasher
(x ) an icemaker
(x) a working washer and dryer
() more than 20 pairs of shoes
( ) at least ten things from a designer store
(x ) expensive sunglasses
() framed authentic art (not lithographs)
(x) Egyptian cotton sheets or towels
() a multi-speed bike
(x) a gym membership
(x ) large exercise equipment at home
(x) your own set of golf clubs
( ) a pool table
( ) a tennis court
() local access to a lake, large pond, or the sea
() your own pair of skis
() enough camping gear for a weekend trip in an isolated area
( ) a boat
( ) a jet ski
( ) a neighborhood committee membership
( ) a beach house or a vacation house/cabin
( ) wealthy family members
(x) two or more family cars
(x) a walk-in closet or pantry
( ) a hammock
( ) a personal trainer
(x) good credit
(x) expensive jewelry
( ) a designer bag that required being on a waiting list to get
(x) at least $100 cash in your possession right now only due to the exchange rate...
(x) more than two credit cards bearing your name (not counting gas cards or debit cards)
(x) a stock portfolio
( ) a passport (I need to get it renewed)
( ) a horse
( ) a trust fund (either for you or created by you)
(x) private medical insurance (as opposed to publically funded/subsidized?)
(x) a college degree, but no student loans
(x) shop for non-needed items for yourself (like clothes, jewelry, electronics) at least once a week
( ) do your regular grocery shopping at high-end or specialty stores
( ) pay someone else to clean your house, do dishes, or launder your clothes (not counting dry-cleaning)
(x) go on weekend mini-vacations
( ) send dinners back with every flaw
( ) wear perfume or cologne (not body spray)
() regularly get your hair styled or nails done in a salon
( ) have a job but don't need the money OR
( ) stay at home with little financial sacrifice
( ) pay someone else to cook your meals
( ) pay someone else to watch your children or walk your dogs
( ) regularly pay someone else to drive you
( ) expect a gift after you fight with your partner
( ) an only child
( ) married/partnered to a wealthy person
( ) baffled/surprised when you don't get your way
(x) been on a cruise
(x) traveled out of the country
(x) met a celebrity
() been to the Caribbean
() been to Europe
( ) been to Hawaii
(x) been to New York
( ) eaten at the space needle in Seattle
( ) been to the Mall of America
() been on the Eiffel tower in Paris
(x) been on the Statue of Liberty in New York
(x) moved more than three times because you wanted to (as opposed to losing your house or being evicted)
( ) dined with local political figures
(x) been to both the Atlantic coast and the Pacific coast (in any country)
() go to another country for your honeymoon
(x ) hire a professional photographer for your wedding or party
(x) take riding or swimming lessons as a child
(x) attend private school
( ) have a Sweet 16 birthday party thrown for you
Ten years ago, it was early 1996. Take this survey, post, and see how many things have changed since then.
1) How old were you: 24
2) What grade were you in: gradumated
3) Where did you go to school: see above.
4) Where did you work: Cambridge, MA. Good times.
5) Where did you live: Brighton, MA (which is right in the city and just like Boston, but cheaper)
6) How was your hair style: slightly shorter
7) Did you wear braces: Nope
8) Did you wear contacts: Nope
9) Did you wear glasses: Yes. Still do.
10) Who was your best friend: Lori.
11) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend: Hoppie.
12) Who was your celebrity crush: Sean Bean. And still is. I'm starting to realize I'm the soul of constancy. What was I worried about?
13) Who was your regular-person crush: Possibly Hal. More likely noone.
14) Were you a virgin: Ah, so many years lost.
15) How many piercings did you have: Same. (1 pair of earrings)
16) How many tattoos did you have: Same. (None)
17) What was your favorite band/singer/rapper: Ben Folds Five, maybe.
18) Had you smoked a cigarette yet: No. (Same)
19) Had you gotten drunk or high yet: No, and I have gotten drunk since then. Not rip roaring, screaming crazy drunk, just quiet, a little dopey drunk.
20) Had you driven yet: Yes, but I was not driving at the time. Because I had no car and I lived in a place where no one drives.
21) If so which car: Before I moved to Boston, I had a white Ford Tempo I called "Jonathan."
22) Which of your pets were still alive: My parents had Kim.
23) Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 1996: Sorta. I wasn't thinking ahead too much.
24) If you could change one thing from the past 10 years what would it be: I would have gotten married sooner, I think. I might have saved myself a lot of the current heartache I'm going through. Then again, I might just have been going through it longer. How can you tell?
25) Other thoughts: I expected more changes, but I don't think I've reflected back far enough. 20 years might have produced some differences.
Current Mood: amused