August 20th, 2007
|11:04 am - 5 questions|
- Leave me a casual comment of no particular significance, like a lyric to your current favorite song, or your favorite kind of sandwich, maybe your favorite game. Any remark, meaningless or not.
- I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
- Update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
- Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
- When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.
I suppose asking how you met Hoppie would be kind of silly....
Rather, as you had something of a hand in it. 8-)
- You and Hoppie get an all-expenses-paid week of vacation; where do you go?
I don't know if we agree on where we go. I suspect we'd go to Europe, but whether we'd decide on a brief tour of Scandinavia, or go upcountry to Scotland, Ireland, and Wales would be a matter of some debate.
- If you could have dinner and a conversation with anyone in the world, who would it be?
This is a tough one. I guess Adam Sandler, in a low key setting. I don't have any specific questions I'd want to ask anyone, and I think deep, meaningful conversations kill the mood. But a fun, casual dinner, maybe.
- What book have you always been meaning to read, but never have?
I have books I've failed to get through. The most notable of them, which I still want to read and someday I will is The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyon. I've also not gotten through Trilby which I wanted to read, but I'm not sure I do after having read the first chapter.
- Your dream job: what and where would it be?
I can't say the one I have now, right? Because it's not a dream? I've always sorta wanted a used bookstore.
- What's your favorite '80s song, and what's your favorite '80s music video?
Music video is "Take on Me". Favorite 80s song, maybe, Duran Duran's "Lonely in Your Nightmare"
- When and how did you move to this area?
- What's your preferred travel method?
- What's a fear that you have, that you know is irrational, but can't seem to shake
- What movie always makes you cry or laugh (your choice) whenever you watch it, no matter how many times you've seen it?
- What is it you secretly want for Rose, but would never admit to? We all have expectations and hopes that we never confess too. We couch it all in language like "I just want her to be happy." and that's true too, but secretly, what is it you want?"
I like the concept of get to know you better.
Take it on the run, baby...
Oooh. A challenge.
- What would you trade for your heart's desire?
- What single global problem would you fix if you could?
- What age would you relive if you could?
- If you could pick a time period, real or fictional to live in, what would it be?
- What do you consider your greatest strength?