January 3rd, 2008
|08:37 am - A pocket full of memes for the new year|
This is the first post made from high speed wireless on my mac.
(live from Florida) Since I don't have internet access at the moment, this laptop won't play DVDs and I don't feel like going back to the sitting room to steal my dad's DVD player, it seems like a good time to blog a bit.
If anyone's curious about the nature of G-d, I offer you these two facts about today:
Girl Scout cookie delivery day
Who's surprised that my best time to update is before 6 in the morning.
Allergy season: Why I'm looking at my pharmacy's web page to see what prescriptions I have on file. I'll pay double if the drugs will put me to sleep too.
This is not what I would have wished.
(voice post) I'm on my way from the bead store to Essex, so I'm halfway through my day.
I'm drawn to a song about mindless release.
That posted before I was ready, apparently. Not sure why.
AND I (will have) got 15$ cash back from ebates on my birthday present from hoppie. I must remember to tell him that.
Since we had no kids [trick or treaters] this year, (Hoppie got home late (6ish) and I got home later), I'll talk about the trip home.
Hoppie wants to create a compilation CD for his sister of versions of Come Sail Away.
I was hoping New Orleans would make the playoffs, but I'm delighted that Cleveland didn't make the playoffs. I can't help it. I'm too much a Bengals fan. Can't root for Browns. Brain would break.
I know that no wants to hear it except the people who already said it, so I won't say it. I'll just allude to it with my icon.
It’s an old question, but a good one . . . What were your favourite books this year?
List as many as you like … fiction, non-fiction, mystery, romance,science-fiction, business, travel, cookbooks … whatever the category.But, really, we’re all dying to know. What books were the highlight of your reading year in 2007?
Of course that would require remembering what I read...
I enjoyed the Artemis Fowl manga based on the original Artemis Fowl
I read Miriam and Yocheved both this year, I'm pretty sure. (Rashi's Daughters and those books are fabulous.
"Islands in the Stream" - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
"And the message is clear. This could be the year for the real thing."
Digital Display - Ready for the World
"I could go on counting for hours the things that I like..."
"Always did know how to make one beg for what they already should have had" ?
"Achy Breaky Song" - "Weird Al" Yankovic
"You know I hate that song a bunch..."
"I Feel For You" - Chaka Khan
That actually fits in really scary with the dream I had last night. One of my childhood friends was being evil to me, I mean truly mean. So I took her aside and asked her what I had done to deserve that and explained when adults have a problems with each other, they gracefully ignore each other. They do not make loud, unpleasant comments as often as they can. Then she told me that she didn't dislike me; she loved me and wanted me and thought I would reject her and be insulting about it, so she had to reject me first and establish distance. I said I had no intention of being insulting. I was already engaged to Hoppie and very much in love with him, but I accepted her for who she was and I would never be mean or cruel about it.
"Ladies Night" - Kool and the Gang
"Life is a Highway" Tom Cochrane
"Dancing with Myself" Billy Idol
Does that suggest I'll be going all around the world, but not with hoppie?
"Come Dancing" by the Kinks. (uh, oh...)
"Circle in the Sand" Belinda Carlisle
(Talk about going nowhere fast.)
"Show Them to Me" Rodney Carrington
sounds like implied health. 8-)
Here's 2003, 2004, & 2005. I'm not sure I did 2006.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Went to a spring training game.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No new years resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Cassie, Sandy, Vicky, apparently Ricky, although technically he did not give birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Red Sox Nation! Oh, sorry, um, actually geographic regions. No leaving the country yet again this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Do I have to keep answering this question? The answer is like frozen in time.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 21, 2007. The day Alan was born. Because Vicky was freaking out and Robin and I were in constant contact as I moved through my evening, culminating in receiving a picture of momma and baby while I was in bed, cuddling my phone so I wouldn't miss anything.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making phone calls. Sometimes the first steps are the hardest and knowing when to ask for help can be the hardest thing of all.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking charge of my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My family. It's been a good year generally for us in terms of pulling together and being supportive of each other.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Presents and various projects.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
I can't think of a song that reminds me of it now. To imagine one that will evoke 2007 in years to come is beyond absurd. While this year was a rebuilding year, no one ever remembers the rebuild years later.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend more time being in the present.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
As ever, with Hoppie's family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I think I hate fewer people.
26. What was the best book you read?
Didn't I just do this question yesterday? Probably Yocheved by Maggie Anton
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A very good blindfold
29. What did you want and not get?
Same as it ever was.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I didn't watch many films this year, but probably Idiocracy. I think that should be required viewing for everyone.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
36. Lush! Eric and Zoe! Lots of inlaws!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
business very casual, which is as close to managerial as I could get reasonably.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I've returned to the classics. Sean Bean.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I didn't get stirred by any political issues this year.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
You'd be surprised what you could live through.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I've never seen you look like this without a reason
Another promise fallien through,
Another season passes by you.
I never took the smile away from anybody's face,
And that's a desperate way to look for someone who is still a child.
So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you.
Because it's happened doesn't mean you've been discarded.
Pull your head off the floor, come up screaming.
Cry out everything you might have wanted.
I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered,
But you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered.
Current Mood: determined
Current Music: Big Country "In a Big Country"
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Shipping off to Boston ?
[cue dancing papelbon]