I'm a D, with a backup C.
D - Dominance: Emphasis is on shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results.
- Provide challenges and variety. I get bored easily.
- Provide ALL the facts. Don't make me kiss your ass to get you tell me later what you should have told me immediately. Tell me what I have to do and what I have to work with and what's already known.
- The fastest way to get input is to provide me a list of options. I may ask questions, but I won't generally second-guess your work.
- I don't like to waste time. By the time you've finished telling me what you want, I've got half a plan to do it. And I tend to move fast when I move, so be ready for it.
- If I ask you a question and you don't know the answer, give me your best guess. You can qualify it with "I'm not sure, but my feeling is" or some other disclaimer, but give me something to work with.
- Speak confidently and with authority. I like that. Respect yourself and I'll respect you too.
- For best result, avoid irrelevent details. I need all the information, but I don't necessarily need the research you used to back up your information.
- I'm not being brusk, I just find it's easier to say what I mean clearly and concisely. I'm sorry it seems rude. I don't mean it to. It just comes out that way sometimes.
So there you have it. Now, use me, use me, 'cause you ain't that average groupie.