April 30th, 2004
|10:21 am - I lied. It's not shorter. I will use a cut tag.|
On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favourite line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then, have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
I think some of these were really difficult. I never realized what esotetic crap I listened to:
1. Try to wash out hands of all of this. We never talk of our lacking relationships.
2. Lottery winner blows 40 million. I wish he'd blow it on me.
Followed by a song in Latin and an instrumental and then, then this one!
3. what a pity you don't understand. You take me by the heart when you take by the hand. (sitpretty if you miss this one, I shall mock you soundly for many moons.)
4. Has no one told you, you have a future, girl, so bright and filled with promise.
5. It's time to come together. It's up to you. What's your pleasure?
6. Somebody take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world. I want to be the one to walk in the sun.
7. Talk about, talk about, talk about, moving.
8. And I never got to say the words I practiced for you. How I adore you. (this is just mean. Way too obscure. I'll provide an alternate.)
8a. Take my hand girl, I know you've been, up the flagpole and back down again.
A song fragment (which I thought about using, but it seemed like cheating, and a mostly instrumental "Boom Shakalaka" from Muppet Treasure Island)
9. I'm a fragment of the day. If I weren't who's to say things would happen here the way that they happened here?
10. Someday maybe Fred will win the fight, then that cat will stay out for the night. (no, I'm not kidding.)
11. Hermione is my bestest friend. When I have a note to send, I use Snowflake, that's my pet. Satin sheets are on my bed. (Cor may be the only one who gets this.)
12. Two dozen other stupid reasons why we should suffer for this. Don't bother trying to explain them. Just hold my hand while I come to a decision on it
13. Hope I can fly before I hit the ground.
14. You showed him love and tenderness, touched him with your sweet caress, now he's leaving you.
15. The day goes by like a shadow o'er the heart, with sorrow where all was delight.
16. U see I thought the world of U, but you're still leavin', baby.
17. Something 'bout you right here beside me touches the touched part of me like I can't believe.
I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead plant. Buried alive. Buried alive.
KHAN! KHAN! (I have a lot of soundbites)
18. (This one's going out to my man, techie) If I should say he wasn't very greedy, I could not, I'd be telling you a tale.
19. They build castles underground for the rich and politic elite.
(and a second version of 15...go figure. I'll give you another line: Weep no more, my lady. Oh, weep no more today.)
20. She doesn't like slavery. She won't sit and beg. (you should all get this one. It just came up last week.)
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: #21 Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
I feel like I should know many more of these, but here's what my brain's coughing up:
3. "Mickey", Toni Basil (can't believe I remembered her name)
5. "Celebration", Kool & the Gang
6. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", Cyndi Lauper
9. Something Sondheim. Pacific Overtures?
10. "Meet the Flintstones"
15. "My Old Kentucky Home"
18. "Boy for Sale", Oliver!
19. See 15 :) (not sure I would have gotten it from that)
Is this list going to turn into another thing like that initials/numbers thingy where I get all the hard ones and spend years trying to come up with a really easy one?
No, alot of these are hard. I'll post the answer key in a few days if they haven't all been knocked off.
And just to clarify. 19 !=15. between 19 and 20 I heard another version of 15 so I noted it and provided an extra lyric, but I did not think it deserved two numbers.
|Date:||April 30th, 2004 01:16 pm (UTC)|| |
Oh, sigh, I had to do this too
. You evil person you.
No Googling or spot-checking with my music collection was done, these are from memory:
1. The Verve, Freshmen
3. Toni Basil, Mickey
5. Kool & The Gang, Celebration
6. Cyndi Lauper, Girls just want to have fun (but I think it's "some boys")
Only four. Sheesh.